Herbal Medicine Program offers Three Levels of Education and is easy as 1, 2, 3:
- EDS Electro-Dermal Screening Herbal TesterCertificate-Classroom @ Tuition cost of $1495.
- Herbal Medicine Diploma Program-Distance Home Study @ Tuition cost of $1595.
- Master Herbalist Diploma Program- Distance Home Study @ Tuition cost of $1295.
Herbal Medicine Diploma
Herbal medicine, also called botanical medicine, refers to using a plant's seeds, berries, roots, leaves, bark, or flowers for medicinal purposes. Herbalism has a long tradition of use outside conventional medicine. It is becoming more mainstream as improvements in analysis and quality control, along with advances in clinical research, show the value of herbal medicine in treating and preventing disease.
Recently, the World Health Organization estimated that 80% of people worldwide rely on herbal medicines for some part of their primary health care.
This program is all Home Study utilizing University level books. Here the student creates a solid base level to prepare themselves to become a Certified Clinical Herbal Practitioner and be positioned to apply to use the letters CCHP after their name on their business cards.
The Students learn the following:
- Essentials of the Anatomy of the Body
- Basics of Physiology for the Body
- Complete knowledge & understanding of Medical Terminology
- Basics of Physics & Chemistry
- Extensive knowledge of Medical Herbalism
- Thorough knowledge of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy
- Basics of Acupuncture Meridians and Traditional Chinese Medicine
Upon completion, the successful graduate may then apply for the designation CCHP (Certified Clinical Herbal Practitioner). The registration fee is $500.00 and is available as an option through ICNH-TCM.
- Completion of required reading assignments, online tests and essays
- Satisfactory completion of 21 case studies and 2500 word dissertation on one successful case study
- A passing grade of 70% or higher on the final theory and practical examinations
- High School Diploma
- Read, write and speak English
- Registered/licensed health practitioners may receive exemption from parts of this program providing a transcript from a registered educational institution is sent to ICNH-TCM in advance of registration.
- All Textbooks are extra and can be purchased through ICNH Books link
|ACU 119||Basics of Acupuncture Meridians and Traditional Chinese Medicine||Virtual Classroom||$250.00|
|APP 101C||Anatomy and Physiology Essentials||Home Study||$295.00|
|ARO 210||Aromatherapy for Holistic Therapists||Home Study||$295.00|
|BIZ 101||Business Ethics||15 clock hours = 1 credit hour||$95.00|
|CHM 101||Chemistry & Physics||8 credit hours||$195.00|
|DHM 102||Herbal Medicine Internship||100 clock hours||$0.00|
|DHM 103||Medical Herbalism||250 clock hours||$325.00|
|MED 101C||Medical Terminology||Home Study||$140.00|
|978-0-9820318-0-3||Aromatherapy for Holistic Therapists||Colin Paddon||$49.95||Printed|
|9780764118333||Essential Atlas of Anatomy & Physiology (2 books)||Parramon Studios||$53.98||Printed|
|9780764127137||Essential Atlas of Physics and Chemistry||Parramon's||$30.99||Printed|
|978-0892-8174-98||Medical Herbalism||David Hoffmann, FNIMH, AHG||$69.95||Printed|
|978-0323-3592-07||Quick & Easy Medical Terminology, 8th Edition||Peggy C. Leonard, MT, MEd||$86.95||Printed|