The World Health Organization recently estimated that 80% of people worldwide rely on herbal medicines for some part of their primary health care.
The role of the Master Herbalist is now indispensable in the face of ever-increasing awareness of herbal effectiveness. The Master Herbalist Program student will learn in-depth the characteristics and applications of plants from around the world. Every aspect of herbs is taught including physical attributes, nutritional qualities, growth, preparation and historical uses.
The following subjects are covered:
- Basic Essentials of Botany
- Basic Essentials of Biology
- Nutritional Herbology
- The Herbal Medicine Makers Handbook
- Prescription of Nutritional Healing
- Herbs of the Bible
- Medical Jurisprudence
Upon graduation, the student can apply to use the certification ofCCMH - Certified Clinic Master Herbalist for a fee of $500.
- Completion of required reading assignments, online tests and essays
- Satisfactory completion of 21 case studies and 2500 word dissertation on one successful case study
- A passing grade of 70% or higher on the final theory and practical examinations
- High School Diploma
- Read, write and speak English
- Diploma in ICNH Herbal Medicine
- Review of Transcripts from other Herbal Courses or Colleges will be reviewed prior to admission. Potentially courses from ICNH Herbal Medicine Program may be made a prerequisite
- Registered/licensed health practitioners may receive exemption from parts of this program providing a transcript from a registered educational institution is sent to ICNH-TCM in advance of registration.
- All Textbooks are extra and be purchased through ICNH website Books link.